Relieving Dental Anxiety in Lexington Hamburg Is Important to Our Team
At Beaumont Family Dentistry, we know relieving dental anxiety is important. If fear of the dentist keeps you from getting the dental care you need, you could develop problems that require more complex care – which just makes your fear worse. For example, getting a filling will be less stressful than the root canal that may be needed if your untreated cavity becomes infected.Doctor Ryan Golibersuch on relieving dental anxiety Read Transcript
When a patient who is anxious calls the office, we start making them comfortable with that first phone call. It's trying to explain to that patient what to expect when they walk in the door. And then when they walk in the door, it's someone greeting them at the door, welcoming them to the office, making them feel like they're not at a dental office, or a medial office, but they're at, just maybe a friend's house, some place where they can feel safe, they can feel comfortable.
Then they meet somebody in the back. It could be a hygienist, it could be an assistant, it could be a doctor. But then that person continues that at-home feel. Trying to make them feel just as comfortable as possible, and take their mind off of any kind of treatment that they may need. The exams performed, we're able to diagnose whatever needs to be done, and have a discussion with that patient on what is going to be the best way to treat them, what kind of sedation options are they going to need, if any?
Some people may decide that after meeting with the staff and meeting with everyone here, and the doctors, the hygienists, the assistants, that they don't need to be sedated after all. They're not uncomfortable, they know everyone here, no. Some people decide to do (inaudible), just to wear a gas mask to help them through the appointment. Some people decide to do sedation, and the people that decide to do sedation, most of them sleep throughout that appointment, and we're able to get a lot done. And we can call them, and they call them the next day, they may not remember that appointment, they always tend to have a good experience.
We’ll give you an anxiety-free experience by:
- Showing you around on your first visit for a low-pressure introduction to our friendly team and comfortable facility.
- Offering you a choice of three kinds of sedation dentistry.
- Using patient-friendly technology like lasers for fast and comfortable treatment.
- Providing you with many comforts, like hand massages and Tempur-Pedic padded dental chairs.
Benefit From Quick & Comfortable Care With Our Advanced Technology
- Ultrasonic Scalers – Dental cleanings involve less scraping with these tools.
- CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns – Reduce the time you need to spend in our office by getting your crown in a single visit.
- Laser Dentistry – Removing diseased gum tissue is fast and painless with a laser.
- Intraoral Cameras – These small handheld cameras make it easier for us to see into every corner of your mouth with less poking from tools.
- Digital Teeth Impressions – No more messy goop when we take impressions of your teeth.
- Rotary Endodontics – These electronic tools make it easier to clean out your tooth during a root canal.
Enjoy Amenities Like Hand Massages
You might not mind coming to our office with comfortable amenities like our Tempur-Pedic dental chairs. You can also get:
- Hand and arm massages from a massage therapist
- Paraffin hand dips
- Headphones for an entertaining diversion
- Soft pillows and warm blankets
- Safety glasses to cover your eyes
- Soothing lip balm
You can even freshen up with warm towels after your treatment and enjoy a fresh-baked cookie with a cup of coffee in our waiting room!
Don’t skip dental appointments anymore – let us help you with relieving dental anxiety. Call 859-554-1612 for new patients, or call 859-687-0975 for existing patients to put your dental fear behind you.