Stay Relaxed With Sedation Options in Lexington, KY
Almost everyone feels anxious at least occasionally at the dentist. For others, dental anxiety is a regular occurrence and may even become full-fledged fear. If that describes you, our sedation options can help you overcome your anxiety so you can get the dental care you need.
Some dentists offer a single form of sedation or perhaps two. At Beaumont Family Dentistry, we offer three kinds of dental sedation, one of which will be right for you. No matter which one you choose, it will:
- Soothe you and allow you to remain relaxed throughout your appointment.
- Make it easier for you to stay still and undergo lengthy treatment, even multiple procedures.
- Make you less aware of sights, smells, and sounds that may bother you.
- Ease a sensitive gag reflex.
Our Lexington dentists are happy to discuss all your options and answer all your questions. For more information on sedation dentistry, call 859-554-1772.
Choose Inhaled Sedation or Oral Sedation For Many Situations
Either inhaled sedation or oral sedation works well for many patients and most situations.
- Inhaled Sedation – Inhaled through a small mask worn over the nose, this helps nervous patients feel more relaxed during treatment. Even young children can receive it. Because it wears off easily, it works well for less complicated procedures. You’ll even be able to drive yourself home!
- Oral Sedation – We can give you a safe prescription medication to relax you and ensure your treatment goes well. If you take it at home, you’ll arrive already relaxed. You’ll feel groggy but still largely aware of your surroundings. Because it lasts longer than inhaled sedation, you won’t be able to drive.
Use IV Sedation For Severe Anxiety or Complex Procedures
IV sedation can be administered only by a licensed professional. At our practice, that is Dr. Dustin Mayrand and Dr. Ryan Golibersuch. You receive it through an intravenous line, which allows us to control exactly how much sedation you receive. It puts you into a sleep-like state. You typically won’t remember sounds, smells, sights, or sensations from your treatment. We often use this level of sedation for oral surgery or complicated restorative dentistry procedures. We can also use IV sedation for patients who want to complete a lot of work in only one or two long appointments.
Patient-Friendly Technology Keeps Your Care Quick & Comfortable
We use technology to keep your care as quick and comfortable as possible. You may not even need dental sedation, thanks to some of these technologies:
- Ultrasonic Scaler – We remove plaque and tough tartar from your teeth with this tool, so there is less scraping during dental cleanings.
- Laser Dentistry – We use lasers for a variety of procedures, including gum disease treatment. Removing diseased gum tissue and bacteria is fast and painless with a laser.
- Digital Teeth Impressions – No more messy goop when our dentists need to take impressions of your teeth.
To learn more about your sedation options, call 859-554-1772. Our office is located conveniently near Fayette Mall and Harrods Hill Park.