Almost everyone feels anxious at least occasionally at the dentist. For others, dental anxiety is a regular occurrence and may even become full-fledged fear. If that describes you, our Lexington sedation options can help you overcome your anxiety so you can get the dental care you need.Image Title: youtube thumbnail - BOeRkkfBtVE Create a Comfortable Experience Read Transcript
Part of our training, with a few of our doctors, is the ability to offer sedation. And that comes in various forms. Moderate sedation is something that I do regularly, that I enjoy being able to offer that to patients as a service.
There're many times where we've seen patients that hadn't been to the dentist in decades because of a true anxiety, a fear or phobia, of coming to the dentist. So, we're able to put a comprehensive treatment plan together for that patient, offer them services such as moderate sedation, and complete a large amount of treatment in one setting for the patient that they are much more comfortable, oftentimes asleep or don't remember the treatment that they had rendered.
It's really a benefit for the patient and a service that I love to be able to offer because a lot of these patients feel like they have nowhere to go, or just haven't been able to get treatment rendered in a long time because of their anxiety.
If it's been many years since you've been to the dentist or you have a fear or anxiety of the dentist, please give us a call. We'd be happy to talk to you about what services we can offer to help get you back to a smile that you're proud of and healthy again.
Some dentists offer a single form of sedation or perhaps two. At Beaumont Family Dentistry, we offer three kinds of dental sedation, one of which will be right for you. No matter which one you choose, it will:
- Soothe you and allow you to remain relaxed throughout your appointment
- Make it easier for you to stay still and undergo lengthy treatment, even multiple procedures
- Make you less aware of sights, smells, and sounds that may bother you
- Ease a sensitive gag reflex
Our dentists are happy to discuss all your options and answer all your questions. For more information on sedation dentistry, call us today at 859-223-2120 .
We’ll Calm Your Nerves So You Get the Smile You Deserve
Inhaled sedation, oral sedation, and IV sedation will relieve your anxiety depending on the level of fear and your specific situation.
- Inhaled Sedation – Inhaled through a small mask worn over the nose, this helps nervous patients feel more relaxed during treatment. Even young children can receive it. Because it wears off easily, it works well for less complicated procedures. You’ll even be able to drive yourself home!
- Oral Sedation – We can give you a safe prescription medication to relax you and ensure your treatment goes well. If you take it at home, you’ll arrive already relaxed. You’ll feel groggy but still largely aware of your surroundings. Because it lasts longer than inhaled sedation, you won’t be able to drive.
- IV Sedation – IV sedation can be administered only by a licensed professional. At our practice, that is Dr. Dustin Mayrand and Dr. Ryan Golibersuch. You receive it through an intravenous line, which allows us to control exactly how much sedation you receive. It puts you into a sleeplike state. You typically won’t remember sounds, smells, sights, or sensations from your treatment. We often use this level of sedation for oral surgery or complicated restorative dentistry procedures. We can also use IV sedation for patients who want to complete a lot of work in only one or two long appointments.
Patient-Friendly Technology Keeps Your Care Quick & Comfortable
We use technology to keep your care as quick and comfortable as possible. You may not even need dental sedation, thanks to some of these technologies:
- Ultrasonic Scaler – We remove plaque and tough tartar from your teeth with this technology, so there is less scraping during dental cleanings.
- Laser Dentistry – We use lasers for a variety of procedures, including gum disease treatment. Removing diseased gum tissue and bacteria is fast and painless with a laser.
- Digital Teeth Impressions – There’s no more messy goop when our dentists need to take impressions of your teeth.
For Lexington sedation options that will help you relax, call us today at 859-223-2120 . You can also request an appointment using our convenient online form. Our office is located conveniently near Harrods Hill Park.