Replace Missing Teeth With Dental Implants in Lexington, KY
There are lots of ways to lose a tooth, including injury, disease, or even neglect. There are multiple ways to replace missing teeth too, but our Lexington dentists believe dental implants are best. That’s because implants offer numerous advantages over other methods of replacing teeth.Doctor Dustin Mayrand on dental implants Read Transcript
I'm extremely passionate about dental implants. I think it's one of my favorite, if not my favorite, treatment in dentistry, and because so many people have missing teeth or need a tooth replacement, and for a long time in dentistry, we've been somewhat limited in our ability to replace that until the dental implant years ago. The dental implant is a great choice because, let's say we're missing a single tooth, the implant can be that single tooth replacement without affecting the other teeth, so we're not compromising other teeth to replace the missing tooth. Once it's placed and healed, studies show that they have a very good long-term prognosis. We expect that implant to last you a long time and function well. It can be very aesthetic. You can brush it, floss it, just like you would your other teeth. And so, like I said, it doesn't affect the other teeth, and it's the closest thing to a natural tooth that we have in dentistry, so it's an excellent treatment option for patients.
Our patients find implants:
- Better for Oral Health – Implants are embedded in your jaw, where they function like natural tooth roots, stimulating the bone and keeping it healthy. Without this stimulation, your bone deteriorates over time.
- More Convenient – Depending on the kind of dental restoration you use with implants, you’ll care for your teeth as you always have. Just brush, floss, and see us for regular exams. Unlike dentures, you won’t need regular fit adjustments.
- More Comfortable – Unlike dentures, implants won’t move around and irritate your gums. You may forget your implants are even there!
- More Secure – Implants aren’t going anywhere – so neither are your replacement teeth. Your teeth will stay in place without adhesive. You can eat whatever you want, with no worries about displacing your teeth.
- Versatile – Implants can replace any number of teeth, even all of them, depending on which dental restorations are attached to them.
- Long Lasting – Implants last longer than fixed bridges or removable dentures. With proper care, they should last a lifetime.
To schedule a consultation and find out if implants are right for you, call 859-295-3938.
Our Implant Dentists Offer Lots of Dental Implant Services
Some dentists restore implants but don’t place them. Several of our dentists have advanced training in implant dentistry, so you can get your entire dental implant procedure from our team. They can restore your implants with a dental crown, a fixed bridge, or dentures. In addition, we offer dental implant services you won’t find at every dental practice.
Our services include:
- Mini Dental Implants – Since they are smaller than full-size implants, mini dental implants can be placed more quickly and easily. They’ll heal faster too. We often use them to secure dentures.
- Same-Day Smile – In some cases, you can receive implants and replacement teeth in one appointment.
- Immediate Implant Placement After Extraction – Our dentists can sometimes place an implant immediately after removing a tooth. This saves time and stress, as you’ll only need one office visit and one surgery. If you’re getting a tooth removed and are also considering dental implants, ask your dentist if immediate placement will work for you.
We also offer bone grafts, an oral surgery procedure you may need if your jaw isn’t strong enough to support implants. If you’re nervous about any dental implant procedure, you can get dental sedation. We offer three different kinds, all of which provide varying levels of relaxation.
To see if you’re a candidate for dental implants, call 859-295-3938. You’ll find our Lexington dentist office at 3141 Beaumont Centre Circle, Suite 300, 40513.