Start Smiling Again With Dentures in Lexington, KY
Dentures have been around for thousands of years, and it’s no wonder. They are a reliable tooth replacement. Traditional dentures are also less invasive and more affordable than some other kinds of replacement teeth. In more recent years, people have begun using them with dental implants, which makes them feel and function more like natural teeth.
With or without implants, they will:
- Fill out your face, so you look younger.
- Make it possible to chew food.
- Give you a full smile again.
If you’re interested in replacing most or all of your teeth, call Beaumont Family Dentistry at 859-554-1772. One of our Lexington dentists will meet with you during a free consultation to discuss your smile goals and needs, then review all your tooth replacement options with you.
Implant Dentures Function More Like Natural Teeth
Traditional dentures sit on your gums, kept in place by suction and adhesive. Attaching replacement teeth to dental implants keeps them more securely in place. This offers several advantages, including:
- No Need For Adhesive – Since implants are embedded in your jaw, replacement teeth will stay in place without adhesive when they are attached to implants. They won’t slip or shift in your mouth.
- Better Bone Health – Implants act like natural tooth roots, stimulating your jaw when you chew food. This avoids the bone loss that occurs over time in the absence of tooth roots.
- No Irritating Friction – Dental implants dentures remain securely in place, so they don’t rub against your gums.
- Better Fit Over Time – Without bone loss in your jaw, dental implant dentures don’t need to be adjusted for fit as often as traditional dentures do.
Consider Traditional Dentures Options
If dental implants aren’t for you, you can get traditional dentures instead. You can choose full dentures or partial dentures. You’ll get full removable dentures if all or most of your teeth are missing. If you have just a few teeth remaining, our Lexington dentists can comfortably remove them. If you still have quite a few teeth, you may want to get partial dentures. Ours are designed without a metal clasp to give you a more precise and comfortable fit.
To schedule a free consultation to discuss dentures, call 859-554-1772. Our location in the Beaumont area is especially convenient if you live or work in ZIP code 40513.