Keep Your Teeth in Terrific Shape With General Dentistry in Lexington, KY
General dentistry is essential for your long-term dental health. Services like cleanings help prevent cavities, gum disease, and other destructive problems. Seeing our Lexington dentists regularly for general dental care gives them a chance to identify and treat your small issues – and prevent them from becoming bigger ones.Doctor Dustin Mayrand on an overview of general dentistry Read Transcript
A lot of our patients do just have routine work or come for cleaning every six months, and we do an exam and make sure to take X-rays, make sure that there's no cavities that have popped up or any issues that they may have, any sensitivity or pain. We offer a full range of service here as much as possible at all of our locations to where it could range from just simple cleanings to fillings to extraction surgery and so forth.
When you come in, of course, the dentist will do a exam each time and comprehensive exam when needed, but the hygienists will get all the X-rays needed, whether it's X-rays of the teeth individually or a panoramic of the jaw or even a three-dimensional X-ray that we can get of the whole face and see the jaw and teeth and everything in three-dimension. So once they have that, we do all types of cleaning, whether it’s just six-month cleanings or deep cleanings. So the hygienists are very good at already starting to look for things and things that they can make the dentist aware of in helping us to diagnose all the patient's issues.
I feel like our team here is very well-rounded, especially the hygienists, in looking for various issues that the patient may have to help the dentist in diagnosing all the patient's concerns and developing a good treatment plan.
Visit us for general dentistry services so you can:
- Keep your teeth looking and feeling great.
- Give our dentists a chance to get to know you better.
- Address your dental questions and concerns.
- Get preventive dental care like fluoride treatments and dental sealants.
Stop Problems With Preventive Dental Care
Because the easiest way to treat dental problems is by preventing them in the first place, we offer a wide variety of general dentistry services. They include:
- Dental Exams – Seeing us twice a year is the best thing you can do for your oral health.
- Dental Cleanings – Professional cleanings remove the plaque and tartar you miss at home to help prevent dental decay and gum disease.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride strengthens tooth enamel, which helps prevent cavities.
- Nutritional Counseling – Our dentists can help you make dietary choices that will improve your dental health and your overall health.
- Dental Sealants – These thin coatings help seal out bacteria and other disease-causing agents. They’re especially effective on back teeth and other hard-to-clean areas.
- Athletic Mouthguards – We can fit you for a custom mouthguard that will protect your teeth during sports and other activities.
- Nightguards – We can also make a custom nightguard you wear at night to prevent damage due to clenching or teeth grinding (bruxism).
- Gum Disease Treatment – If we find signs of gum disease, we treat it with a deep cleaning, using an ultrasonic scaler and a laser for your comfort. We may also place Arestin® antibiotics below your gumline to fight the remaining bacteria.
- Halitosis Treatment – We’ll find the underlying causes of chronic bad breath and get your breath smelling fresh again.
To visit a practice where general dentistry is the foundation for your family’s dental care, call, 859-554-1772 for new patients, or call 859-223-2120 for existing patients. You can also schedule online. Our Lexington office is in the Beaumont area, near Rosa Parks Elementary School and Beaumont Middle School.