Keep Your Teeth in Terrific Shape With General Dentistry in Lexington, KY
General dentistry is essential for your long-term dental health. Services like cleanings help prevent cavities, gum disease, and other destructive problems. Seeing our Lexington dentists regularly for general dental care gives them a chance to identify and treat your small issues – and prevent them from becoming bigger ones.
Visit us for general dentistry services so you can:
- Keep your teeth looking and feeling great.
- Give our dentists a chance to get to know you better.
- Address your dental questions and concerns.
- Get preventive dental care like fluoride treatments and dental sealants.
Stop Problems With Preventive Dental Care
Because the easiest way to treat dental problems is by preventing them in the first place, we offer a wide variety of general dentistry services. They include:
- Dental Exams – Seeing us twice a year is the best thing you can do for your oral health.
- Dental Cleanings – Professional cleanings remove the plaque and tartar you miss at home to help prevent dental decay and gum disease.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride strengthens tooth enamel, which helps prevent cavities.
- Nutritional Counseling – Our dentists can help you make dietary choices that will improve your dental health and your overall health.
- Dental Sealants – These thin coatings help seal out bacteria and other disease-causing agents. They’re especially effective on back teeth and other hard-to-clean areas.
- Athletic Mouthguards – We can fit you for a custom mouthguard that will protect your teeth during sports and other activities.
- Nightguards – We can also make a custom nightguard you wear at night to prevent damage due to clenching or teeth grinding (bruxism).
- Gum Disease Treatment – If we find signs of gum disease, we treat it with a deep cleaning, using an ultrasonic scaler and a laser for your comfort. We may also place Arestin® antibiotics below your gumline to fight the remaining bacteria.
- Halitosis Treatment – We’ll find the underlying causes of chronic bad breath and get your breath smelling fresh again.
To visit a practice where general dentistry is the foundation for your family’s dental care, call, 859-554-1772 for new patients, or call 859-223-2120 for existing patients. You can also use our convenient online form. Our Lexington office is in the Beaumont area, near Rosa Parks Elementary School and Beaumont Middle School.