Plaque is a nearly invisible film of bacteria and sugars that covers your teeth. It causes lots of problems, including cavities and gum disease. While you can remove it with brushing and flossing, it’s easy to miss spots at home. That’s why Lexington dental cleanings and exams are so important. Our dental professionals will remove all traces of plaque and hardened plaque called tartar when cleaning your teeth.
In addition to removing plaque and tartar, we’ll:
- Check you for signs of gum disease and treat it with a deep cleaning if we find any
- Remove surface stains so your smile looks terrific
- Look for cavities, so we can repair them when they are small and easy to treat
- Screen you for oral cancer, sleep apnea, and other harmful conditions, as well as check your blood pressure
- Look for evidence of teeth grinding or other damaging behaviors
- Make suggestions for improving your home oral hygiene; we’ll even sell you a sonic toothbrush at a discounted price
We recommend visiting us for an exam and professional dental cleaning two times a year. To schedule your next exam, call Beaumont Family Dentistry today at 859-407-7050 . If you’re a member of our Smile Saver plan, your exams and cleanings are covered in your annual membership. For your convenience, we open at 7 a.m. five days a week.
Receive a Thorough, Comfortable Exam With Top Technology
Some dental practices save their advanced technology for complex restorative procedures. We use it in every aspect of your care, including your dental cleanings and exams. Our patient-friendly technology includes:
- Ultrasonic Scalers – These break down plaque and tartar for easy removal, with less scraping. They make cleanings quicker, more comfortable, and easier on your teeth. You’re also less likely to have post-cleaning tooth sensitivity.
- Laser Dentistry – We use lasers for a variety of procedures, including gum disease treatment. We can even painlessly remove fever blisters or cold sores with lasers.
- DIAGNOdent Cavity Detection – Laser technology helps us find cavities before they can be seen by the naked eye.
- Intraoral Cameras – These handheld cameras help us examine your mouth with less poking and prodding.
- Digital Imaging – This kind of imaging is faster and more comfortable than traditional X-rays. It also uses a fraction of the radiation, so it’s better for your long-term health.
- VELscope – VELscope uses fluorescence to help us find abnormalities that could indicate oral cancer.
To make appointments for your family’s dental cleanings and exams in Lexington, call 859-407-7050 today.