Return Your Mouth to Health With Oral Surgery in Hamburg Lexington
At Beaumont Family Dentistry, our dental services include oral surgery. Our dentists can perform a tooth removal or a bone graft to prepare you for dental implants or just to return your mouth to good health. We’ll make sure your oral surgery procedure goes smoothly with:Doctor Katie Bowen on oral surgery Read Transcript
We do some oral surgery in the office. We do a lot of extractions and implants. We like to keep patients here whenever we can, whenever we think it's in their best interest, just to cut down on the number of appointments and just kind of keeps things simple. They're usually comfortable here. They've been seeing us and we know them, and so we like to keep them here whenever we can.
So we always get them very nice and numb, tell them, “If anything's uncomfortable at all, you just let us know. We can always add more anesthetic.” We can, a lot of times, bring in a massage therapist to kind of ease their nerves and just kind of take it slow, if they need to, and our big focus is just keeping them comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Your choice of three different types of dental sedation.
- A caring team who is committed to your comfort.
- Advanced technology like low-radiation digital X-rays to help us better plan and perform your procedures.
- Soothing amenities like blankets and warm towels.
Prepare For Implants With an Oral Surgery Procedure
You may need an oral surgery procedure before getting dental implants. If you’re replacing all your teeth with implant-retained dentures but still have some teeth remaining, we will extract them as quickly and comfortably as possible. We can perform simple extractions for other reasons too, though we’ll refer you to a specialist for wisdom tooth removal.
If your jaw lacks enough bone to support implants, our dentists can perform a bone graft. This involves applying synthetic material that encourages healthy new bone growth.
Three Kinds of Sedation Offer Different Levels of Relaxation
If you need a tooth extraction or another oral surgery procedure, there’s no reason to be concerned about pain. In addition to local anesthesia, you can receive dental sedation. You can choose from three kinds:
- Inhaled Sedation – Received through a mask worn over your nose, it takes effect quickly and wears off quickly too.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – This level lasts longer than inhaled sedation. You will take it before your appointment so you arrive already relaxed.
- IV Sedation – You’ll be in a sleep-like state throughout your procedure, and you’ll have little if any memory of it afterward.
If you think you need oral surgery, call 859-554-1612 for new patients, or call 859-687-0975 for existing patients. Our office, located at 2408 Sir Barton Way, is especially convenient if you live or work in ZIP code 40509.