Eliminate Plaque With Dental Cleanings & Exams in Hamburg Lexington
Plaque is your smile’s worst enemy because it causes cavities and gum disease. You can remove it with brushing and flossing, but it’s not easy to get it all at home. Our dental professionals will remove every bit of plaque during dental cleanings and exams.Doctor Ryan Golibersuch on dental cleanings and exams Read Transcript
So a normal healthy patient that shows up at the office can expect to have all their X-rays taken, an exam performed. They'll have measurements measured around their gums so we know exactly how deep the pockets are that are around their gums. This way, we're able to assess their gum health. They'll have a cleaning based on those measurements and based on those findings during the exam. Cleaning may maybe a little bit different for someone who doesn't have as healthy of gums as they could. We'll explain how to take care of your teeth at home. We'll explain what products to use and just what they could do to really improve their home care.
That’s not all we’ll do. We will also:
- Remove surface stains and polish your teeth so your smile looks great.
- Check for cavities so we can fix them when they are small and require only a filling.
- Look for evidence of gum disease and treat it with a deep cleaning if necessary.
- Provide screenings for sleep apnea and oral cancer.
- Suggest ways you can improve your home oral hygiene; you can even buy a sonic toothbrush from us at a discounted price.
You should get an exam and professional dental cleaning twice a year. To schedule your next appointment, call Beaumont Family Dentistry at 859-554-1612 for new patients, or call at 859-687-0975 for existing patients.
High-Tech Tools Help Us Give You a Thorough Exam
Our dentists don’t see the point of using advanced technology only for complicated procedures. We use it throughout our practice, including for cleanings and exams. Some of the high-tech tools we use are:
- Intraoral Cameras – You’ll experience less poking and prodding when we examine your mouth with these handheld cameras.
- Ultrasonic Scalers – These tools make cleanings faster and easier on your teeth, with less scraping.
- DIAGNOdent Cavity Detectors – Laser technology enables us to find cavities in their earliest stages, when they are easiest to treat.
- Laser Dentistry – We use lasers for gum disease treatment and other procedures. If you have a fever blister or cold sore, we can painlessly remove it with our laser.
- Digital Imaging – We don’t have to use bulky film for these X-rays, so they are faster and more comfortable for you. They use less radiation too, so they are better for your long-term health.
- VELscope – This tool identifies abnormalities that could be signs of oral cancer.