Don’t Be Frightened of the Dentist!
Most people know that they should visit the dentist at least twice a year for a checkup. These regular visits allow our team to monitor your oral health and provide early treatment for any dental problems before they have a chance to worsen. The last thing you want is to have a small dental problem become a huge dental nightmare.
However, many of our patients have real fear when it comes to visiting the dentist. Maybe you’re one of them. Perhaps you had a traumatic experience at the dentist when you were a child. Or maybe you’ve had a dentist begin working on your teeth without fully explaining what they’re doing.
Plus, we’ve all heard horror stories of dentists telling kids (and adults), “You won’t feel a thing,” and then the next thing they know they’re in terrible pain. These kinds of experiences can have lasting effects that don’t go away easily.
Or maybe you just don’t like the idea of anyone poking around inside your mouth with dental instruments.
We get it. There’s a lot of dental anxiety out there.
However, at Beaumont Family Dentistry, there’s no reason to be frightened of the dentist. Dr. Trish Takacs and her team go to great lengths to make sure that each patient who trusts us with their smiles receives the very best care possible.
We’ll listen intently to your needs and thoroughly answer any questions you have about your dental care. We believe that the more informed you are, the more relaxed and comfortable you’ll be. With a good explanation and plenty of info, you’ll also make better decisions about your oral care. And that’s what it’s all about.
Relax With Our Long List of Amenities
We go out of our way to help you feel right at home at each of our three Lexington locations. Our offices are modern, yet warm and friendly, and we’ll always greet you with a smile.
Plus, you’ll enjoy amenities like:
- Warm blankets to take away any chill
- Soft pillows for head and neck support
- Tempur-Pedic padded dental chairs for total body comfort
- Headphones so you can listen to your favorite music
- Professional hand and arm massages to help you relax
- Warm towels for freshening up after your procedure
- Paraffin hand dips that will make you feel like you’re at the spa
- Safety glasses to protect your eyes and reduce eye strain
- Fresh-baked cookies for your enjoyment
As you can see, we’ve thought of just about everything! However there’s one more important ingredient to a relaxing and fear-free dental experience, and that’s detailed below.
Set Your Mind at Ease Using Dental Sedation
Some of our patients need a little extra help relaxing in the dental chair. That’s where our dental sedation options come in. We offer you three distinct levels of sedation, depending on your level of anxiety and the type of dental work you’re having done.
Even if you’re not all that anxious, sedation is a great choice if you’re having a lengthy procedure or several procedures done at the same visit. It will help you fully relax while we tend to your smile.
- Inhaled Sedation – We’ll administer a sweet-smelling gas known as laughing gas through a comfortable mask you slip over your face. In just a few minutes, you’ll begin to experience a sense of euphoria and your entire body will relax. However, once we supply you with fresh oxygen, the sedative’s effects will disappear quickly and you’ll feel like yourself in no time.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – Your dentist will prescribe a small pill for you to take as directed ahead of your appointment. By the time your exam or procedure begins, you’ll feel completely relaxed and maybe even a little groggy. The pill will take several hours to wear off, so a friend or family member will need to drive you home afterward.
- IV Sedation – This is our deepest level of sedation. We’ll put you in a “twilight” state and you won’t experience any of the sights, sounds, smells, or sensations of your procedure. You also won’t remember anything about it afterward. You’ll need someone to drive you home after using this type of sedation.
With the winning combination of our compassionate staff, comfort amenities, and sedation options, there’s no reason to be frightened of the dentist. Call Beaumont Family Dentistry today to schedule your next dental visit. There won’t be any tricks, and you’ll be treated to fantastic dental care!
- Beaumont: 859-554-1772
- Hamburg: 859-554-1612
- Leestown: 859-554-4049