Don’t Suffer From Sleep Apnea in Lexington, KY
Sleep apnea not only prevents you from getting a good night’s sleep, it affects your overall health too. Research has linked it to serious health conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease. Fortunately, you can get treatment from Dr. Trish Takacs, a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine, at the TMJ and Sleep Dentistry Center of Central Kentucky.
Your sleep apnea treatment will:
- Allow you to sleep soundly through the night.
- Keep your airway open as you snooze so your breathing won’t be interrupted.
- Eliminate snoring so the rest of your household sleeps better too.
- Improve your focus so you can get more done during the day.
- Reduce your risk of conditions linked to apnea.
If you’re ready to get a better night’s rest, call the TMJ and Sleep Dentistry Center of Central Kentucky at 859-251-5115.
Find Out If You Have This Sleep Disorder
Dr. Takacs will have you fill out a free questionnaire to see if you have sleep apnea symptoms. If your questionnaire indicates a possibility that you suffer from apnea, she will arrange for you to go to the trusted sleep clinic she partners with for a sleep test. In some cases, you may be able to do a sleep test in the privacy of your home. Once you get a definitive diagnosis, she can prescribe the appropriate treatment based on the severity of your apnea.
Sleep Apnea Appliances & CPAP Improve Breathing
Until recently, sleep apnea treatment usually involved a CPAP machine, which keeps your airway open while you sleep with a stream of pressurized air. In 2006, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine included oral appliances as a first line of therapy for mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. An appliance gently moves your jaw into a position that keeps your airway open.
Many sleep apnea sufferers find appliances:
- Less Invasive – Without a face mask or tubing, many people find an appliance less restricting and more comfortable than a CPAP.
- More Convenient – An appliance doesn’t need electricity or a battery, so you can use it anywhere. It’s easier to transport too since it fits in a pocket or purse.
With her training and expertise, Dr. Takacs will determine the right sleep apnea solutions for you. To schedule a consultation with her, call 859-251-5115.