If you regularly experience debilitating headaches and migraines and can’t seem to figure out why, it can be both frustrating and discouraging.
This sort of pain can be caused by a lot of different things, including genetics or environmental factors, and getting to the root of the problem can be challenging. If you haven’t had much luck finding relief for the pain, it’s time to explore whether TMJ dysfunction is what’s driving it.
Your TMJ, or temporomandibular joint, connects your jaw to your skull. And when it’s not functioning properly, it can result in migraine-like pain that radiates toward your temples.
Luckily, the compassionate team at Beaumont Family Dentistry in Lexington, KY can help you get to the root of the pain and provide lasting relief using the Trudenta® therapy system. This drug-free treatment system aims to pinpoint the causes of pain for a precise diagnosis. Think of everything you could accomplish if you weren’t burdened by recurring headaches! Trudenta can help you get there.
Read on to learn more about how we can help connect you to effective migraine and headache solutions. Then, call Sleep Better Lexington at 859-251-5115 to find out whether this treatment is right for you.
All About TMJ Disorders
When you hear people talk about “TMJ disorders,” they’re talking about conditions in which the joint connecting your jawbone to your skull isn’t functioning properly. You can experience TMJ dysfunction due to arthritis or injury. But most often, TMJ disorders are caused or aggravated by bruxism, or grinding or clenching of the teeth — commonly fueled by stress.
If you’re undergoing a lot of stress at work or school, it’s possible that your body carries that stress with you into sleep. Many people who are stressed out during the day grind their teeth or clench their jaws at night without knowing it! And then, in the morning, they experience pain from all that tension.
Some of the symptoms of TMJ disorders include:
- Pain around the jaw
- Pain that radiates toward your ears
- A popping or grinding sensation when you open or close your mouth
- Facial fatigue
- A jaw that seems to “lock” when you open or close it
How Trudenta Can Help
Trudenta uses a unique four-phase approach to accurately identify the causes of pain and alleviate the symptoms. It’s not about eradicating discomfort with pain-relievers — it’s about getting to the root of the problem so you can get on with your life.
The four phases include:
- In-office therapy: Our compassionate staff will work with your for eight to 12 weeks to help you better relax the muscles that are ultimately causing you pain.
- At-home therapy: This phase works in conjunction with the in-office sessions. At home, you’ll use a variety of techniques — possibly including lotions, relaxation, and more — to train your jaw to relax.
- Dental device: We’ll create a custom appliance that resembles an athletic mouthguard, which you’ll wear when you sleep. This device will slightly adjust your bite, which prevents grinding and clenching.
- Force balancing: This therapy helps ensure that your joints are working properly.
Explore The Overlooked Causes Of Migraines
Don’t just settle for temporary solutions to your chronic pain! Let’s work together to eliminate pain long-term to help you live your best life. Call us at 859-251-5115 to schedule a consultation, or use our online form to request an appointment.