Rebuilding Your Mouth Better, Stronger | Lexington, KY
If you are old enough to remember the television series The Six Million Dollar Man, then you probably recall the opening sequence.
Actor Lee Majors portrayed astronaut Steve Austin, who barely survived a serious accident. In the opening a voiceover says, “We can rebuild him. We have the technology.”
The speaker continues to say that when they finish, Austin would be better, stronger, and faster.
If you have suffered severe tooth loss, the team at Beaumont Family Dentistry can do something similar for your mouth. For patients who might benefit from full mouth reconstruction in Lexington, Richmond, or anywhere else in Central Kentucky, your mouth can be better, stronger, and healthier.
We want to help
If you are someone who has experienced serious tooth loss, we understand you may be embarrassed about going out in public, much less letting someone look directly at your mouth.
We are here to help you. We won’t be judging you or your teeth. We are on your side. We want to be part of your team, and we want to work with you to correct your issues.
Our restorative dental care can reconstruct your mouth almost entirely. You may feel like a new person when you see what our full mouth reconstruction can do for you.
Outside of how you may feel emotionally, living with several missing teeth can severely affect your quality of life. Your diet must be restricted if your chewing power is limited. This can affect your overall health.
We want you to know that you can change your situation, and we can help.
What is the mouth reconstruction process?
The first step is scheduling your appointment. We have three offices in Lexington, but our patients come from Georgetown, Richmond, Winchester, and all over Central Kentucky.
If you can get here, we can help. We start with a free consultation.
During your appointment, we’ll take X-rays of your mouth and give you a thorough examination. This lets your dentist know the details of your situation and allows him or her to better decide how to proceed.
During that visit, you will discuss the treatment options available to you. Here are some the services we may use as part of your full mouth reconstruction effort:
• Dental implants — These are metal (often titanium) implants that are placed in your jawbone. They take the place of the root of your missing tooth or teeth.
• Crowns and bridges — Crowns and bridges can be attached to an abutment on your implants, or they can be attached to natural teeth that just need some decayed areas removed. These are made of porcelain and are designed to look, feel, and function like real teeth.
• Implant-secured dentures — If you need to replace a full arch of teeth, implant-secured dentures can give you back much of you chewing power and the appearance of a full set of teeth.
• Traditional dentures — These are secured with a denture adhesive. They may be more convenient than implants for many patients. This may not restore your full chewing power, but it will allow you to eat many things and improve the appearance of your smile.
• Tooth-colored fillings — If you have teeth that have been damaged but may benefit from fillings, we offer fillings that are similar in color and blend in with your other natural teeth.
• Inlays and overlays — For teeth that need more than just a filling, but not quite a crown, inlays and overlays offer a happy medium to give them a complete and healthy appearance.
• Porcelain veneers — This may be a good way to restore the look of any teeth that have become stained over the years.
Depending on the specifics of your reconstruction plan, we may use one or a combination of these services to get the look and feel of a strong, healthy, and full mouth.
After you and your dentist have developed your treatment plan, you’ll work together to rebuild your mouth. Once you are finished, you’ll be able to smile confidently and eat many foods you may have been avoiding.
Get your life back
If you have been feeling ashamed about your teeth, you don’t have to keep living that way. We want all our patients to leave feeling confident about their mouths and themselves.
Our team will treat you with friendly, patient service. We will use the latest in dental technology to make sure your full mouth reconstruction leaves you feeling more confident about your teeth.
You’ve got nothing to lose, and a brand new, stronger and healthier mouth to gain.