Pop Quiz: What Do You Know About Dental Care?
We hope you’ve all been paying attention to our previous blog entries. Today we are going to review some things that we have discussed previously.
Everyone at Beaumont Family Dentistry in Lexington wishes you good luck.
Keep track of your answers as you go along. We’ll give you the answers at the end. (Don’t peek ahead when you are answering.)
- How often should you brush your teeth?
A – Twice a week
B – Twice a day
C – Twice an hour
D – Whenever you feel like it
- How long should you brush your teeth each time?
A – Until they feel clean
B – 30 seconds
C – 1 minute
D – 2 minutes
- Which of the following increases your risk of developing gum disease?
A – Not flossing daily
B – Having diabetes
C – Being pregnant
D – All of the above
- Which of the following is a reason you may need a root canal treatment?
A – You don’t like the stains on your teeth.
B – You have a chipped tooth.
C – You have an infected tooth that is causing a toothache.
D – Your teeth are crooked.
- How often should you visit the dentist for routine cleanings?
A – Once a year
B – Twice a year
C – Three times a year
D – It depends on your situation
- Which of the following is the fastest way to remove stains from your teeth?
A – In-office teeth whitening
B – Take-home professional teeth whitening
C – Commercial teeth whitening
D – Teeth can’t be whitened
- Veneers can be used to fix which of the following problems?
A – Discolored teeth
B – Chipped or broken teeth
C – Teeth with gaps in them
D – Crooked teeth
- Which of the following sedation options are offered at Beaumont Family Dentistry?
A – IV, V, and VI
B – Nitrous oxide, sodium chloride, and dihydrogen monoxide
C – Nitrous oxide, oral conscious, and IV
D – Oral, aural, and aerial
- You are playing catch when you miss a ball, and it hits you in the mouth. One of your teeth gets knocked out. What should you do?
A – Find the tooth, rinse it off, put it in milk, call the dentist
B – Find the tooth and keep it as a souvenir
C – Keep playing catch.
D – Give up. There’s no way anyone could fix this.
- Which of the following services are offered at Beaumont Family Dentistry?
A – Cosmetic dentistry
B – General dentistry
C – Restorative dentistry
D – All of the above
1) B. You should brush twice every single day.
2) D. You should brush for two minutes, making sure to scrub your teeth on all sides.
3) D. All three of these can increase your chances of developing gum disease
4) C. We perform root canals on infected teeth.
5) D. It will vary from patient to patient. It’s a good practice to come at least twice a year for cleanings and examinations, but patients who are at higher risk for certain oral health problems (such as gum disease) may need to come more often.
6) A. In-office professional teeth whitening is the quickest way to remove stains from your teeth.
7) A, B, C, and D. Whatever you picked, you got this one right. Veneers can be used to fix all those issues and a few more. Plus, veneers can fix those problems at the same time.
8) C. Nitrous oxide, oral conscious sedation, and IV sedation are offered for patients at each of our offices.
9) A. This should be considered a dental emergency. It’s may be possible to place your tooth back in your mouth or to replace your tooth with a dental implant.
10) D. Beaumont Family Dentistry is a comprehensive dental practice. We offer a wide range of services so our patients can have their dental needs met in any one of our three locations.
How did you do?
We hope everyone got 10 out of 10, but even if you didn’t, then you learned something new that can help you keep your mouth healthy.
If you have more questions about any of the services we offer at our dentist offices in Lexington, stop by or contact us by calling the office closest to you. You also can make an appointment with our online form by clicking the name of any office under the contact us button at the top of this screen.