“Julia, over here!”
“Brad, smile for us!”
“Angelina … can you pose for us!”
When Hollywood stars are walking the red carpet for a premiere event or for an awards show, they expect the paparazzi to be out in full force. They know their smiles (or lack thereof) will be on display for the world to see.
That’s why so many of the Hollywood elite make an effort to ensure their teeth look as good as their outfits and any accessories they bring with them.
A bad smile can ruin any outfit, and if you aren’t confident about your teeth, you may not smile at all. Is there a simple way to improve your smile? There is. They’re called veneers, and Lumineers are one of the best kinds of veneers available today.
And you don’t have to go to Hollywood to get them. We have them at Beaumont Family Dentistry in Lexington.
‘Can I Get A Selfie With You?’
You may not have the paparazzi following you home from the gym or trying to catch you when you make a quick trip to the store, but you still want to look your best if someone is going to take your picture.
If you have kids or grandchildren, then you know they seem to want to document everything they do in pictures. How many times have you been asked to pose for a “selfie” this past year?
And how many of those photos ended up on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or who knows where else online?
And how many of your family, friends, and coworkers have seen those photos?
Our point is you don’t have to be famous for your picture to wind up anywhere in today’s world.
If you don’t like the smile you see in pictures of yourself or when you look in the mirror, then call Beaumont Family Dentistry to learn more about Lumineers.
What Do You Want To Change
If you want to make the most of your smile, you need to know what you would like to change. Here are some of the things you can improve with Lumineers:
- Yellow teeth — Before you ask, yes, you can consider professional teeth whitening, too. (And we offer that as well.) Both teeth whitening and veneers are effective at changing the appearance of stained and discolored teeth.
If your discoloration is the result of something else, like worn down enamel or a side effect of the medication you are taking, then veneers is your best bet.
- Gaps in your teeth — You can probably think of a handful of celebrities who have gaps in their teeth. Why? Because gaps are noticeable. If you have a gap, but wish you didn’t, then veneers can close that space for you without the time required for orthodontic treatment.
- Crooked teeth — If you have perfectly straight teeth, it might be something you take for granted. If your teeth are crooked, then you know how much better straight teeth would look. Veneers, including Lumineers, can give you that look.
- Chipped teeth — Life happens, and sometimes it causes damage to our teeth. If you’ve lost part of your smile over the years, then veneers can be bonded to your teeth to make your smile all it used to be and can be again.
- Combination problems — Pick any of the problems we mentioned above. You may have any two, any three, or all four (and even a few we didn’t mention). Veneers are one of our favorite cosmetic dental services because they work on so many different problems.
How Lumineers Are Different
Any veneers will work for the problems we described above, but Lumineers do more with less. Lumineers are the thinnest veneers available, which means less prep work is needed before they are bonded to your teeth.
The dentist has to remove part of your enamel to make room for most veneers. This is so the veneers don’t change the look of your face by changing how your lips close around your teeth.
After the enamel has been removed, the dentist makes an impression, which is used to design your veneers.
Lumineers are so thin, that this step isn’t needed for most patients. That means the dentist can make an impression or digital impression of your existing teeth as they are.
Then when your Lumineers are ready, we’ll bond them to your teeth. Once you get them, you’ll see the difference, and you may even feel like a star.
Get Ready For Your Close-Up
With camera phones, you may have your picture taken at any moment. With your Lumineers, you know you’ll be camera-ready.
To find out more or to make an appointment, contact any Beaumont Family Dentistry office in Lexington.