Restorative dentistry is exactly what the name sounds like. It is dentistry that restores your teeth. At Beaumont Dentistry, Dr. Takacs and our staff use a variety of restorative dentistry options to give you back your smile and chewing capacity – ones that involve both repairing your teeth as well as replacing them.
Just as spring is restoring beauty to nature right now, this is a great time to think about doing your own restoration – on your smile!
Let our dentist office help you get back your beautiful smile. For an appointment, call our Beaumont office today at 859-554-1772 or contact one of our other locations. You have many ways to see a more radiant smile soon!
See If You Need Restorative Dentistry
You are a great candidate for restorative dentistry if you have teeth that are:
- Chipped or broken.
- Cracked or pitted.
- Diseased or decayed.
- Missing entirely.
- Worn down.
- Gapped or uneven.
- Uneven or misaligned.
- Stained or discolored.
As you can see, the list of situations needing restorative dentistry is pretty long! There are probably a few others we could add as well.
Maybe you even have a unique situation of your own that we haven’t thought of. That’s fine. Our experienced dentists love taking on the challenge of a difficult case.
Enjoy Many Options For Your New Smile
Just as there are many reasons you might need dental restoration, we have many different restorative dentistry options available to you in our office. We’re pretty confident we have the advanced tools and training to restore your smile to its former glory! Our treatments include:
- Tooth-colored composite fillings. We use natural-looking composite teeth fillings to stop and repair damage from cavities. Unlike old-style silver amalgam fillings, our fillings will blend in beautifully with your other teeth.
- Dental implants. Implants act like replacement tooth roots and provide a base for several types of restorations, including implant crowns, implant bridges, and implant-secured dentures.
- Dental crowns and bridges. We can repair your damaged tooth with a crown, replace a missing tooth with an implant crown, or replace several missing teeth with a fixed bridge. All crowns can be made the same day with our in-house CEREC milling machine.
- Inlays and onlays. Inlays repair a tooth by covering its biting surface, while onlays cover the biting surface and cusps. These restorations are used when a standard filling is not enough, yet the tooth doesn’t require a crown.
- Root canal treatment. Our dentists can usually save a badly diseased tooth by removing the damaged inner pulp, sanitizing it, and filling in the root canals with a rubber-like material to prevent further problems. A new crown is usually recommended as a final step in restoring a tooth repaired with root canal treatment.
- Dentures. You can get removable full or partial dentures, or for a more secure and stable fit choose either implant-retained dentures or implant-supported dentures that are anchored to dental implants in your jaw.
- Veneers. These thin shells of material attach to the front of your teeth to quickly conceal chips, cracks, stains, gaps, and uneven teeth.
- Full-mouth reconstruction. Think of this option as basically rebuilding your smile from the ground up. We’ll consult with you and plan treatment using a combination of the above services.
As with all our services, if you have anxiety about dental work, our calming staff will help set you at ease. If needed, we also have several choices for sedation to help your appointment go smoothly.
No matter your situation, Dr. Takacs and our team have restorative dentistry options to give you back your smile and chewing capacity. Call any of our three locations today for a free consultation!