Feel Great With Great Looking Teeth | Lexington, KY
Have you ever heard of cosmetic dentistry? If so, do you know what it is?
When you think of cosmetics, you probably think of makeup or some other product people use to look better. Dentistry, as you probably know, is the field of medicine that deals with the mouth and surrounding area.
Cosmetic dentistry therefore is dentistry aimed at improving the appearance of your mouth and teeth. In many cases, cosmetic procedures can also provide restorative purposes as well.
Cosmetic dentistry is a great way to fix a lot of concerns you may have about your own teeth. If you’d like to learn more, stop by any Beaumont Family Dentistry office in Lexington for a free consultation
And keep reading to learn more about the cosmetic services we provide.
Who can benefit from cosmetic dentistry?
The short answer is anyone who would like their teeth to look better.
The long answer includes:
– People with missing teeth
– People with tooth decay
– People with yellow or stained teeth
– People with crooked teeth
– People with chipped or broken teeth
– People with misshapen teeth (such as teeth that too long or too short)
In general, people who would like to change their smiles, but may not need orthodontics could benefit from cosmetic dentistry. Although some patients may want to combine orthodontics and cosmetic procedures for even better results.
When you look at your teeth in the mirror, are you happy with them? If you could change something about your smile, what would it be?
No matter your answer, there is a good chance a cosmetic procedure can make that change a reality.
Cosmetic dental services
Our patients can undergo a variety of cosmetic treatments at Beaumont Family Dentistry. These services can change the color of your teeth and fill in gaps between your teeth.
Here’s a short description of your options:
• Crowns — Crowns can be attached to your existing teeth or to a dental implant. If you have teeth that have been damaged by tooth decay. Our dentists can remove the decayed portion and reshape the healthy remaining parts of the tooth. This way a porcelain crown (which looks and feels like real tooth) can be bonded in its place.
If you have a missing tooth or a tooth that needs to be removed, a dental implant can be put in your jaw to serve as an artificial root. The crown can then be bonded to the implant, giving you the appearance of a full set of natural teeth.
It’s worth noting that we offer CEREC same-day crowns as one of our services. Because these a milled on site, we can have your crowns designed and bonded to your teeth in a matter of hours.
• Bridges – If you have more than one missing tooth, a bridge can help you span that gap. Bridges, like crowns, are made of porcelain to look and feel like natural teeth. Also like crowns, bridges can be affixed to your teeth or an implant.
• Veneers — If you have teeth that are yellow or stained, veneers are one way to restore a whiter, brighter smile. We offer Lumineers, e.max, and Empress veneers, all of which can give you the smile you’ve dreamed about.
Veneers can also be used to hide crooked or crowded teeth or teeth with uneven spacing between them.
• Teeth whitening — Another way to restore your white smile is through teeth whitening. We offer KoR whitening at our offices. This system uses custom made trays and a whitening gel to take away the stains that may have changed the look of your smile.
• Dental bonding — If you have chipped, broken, or otherwise misshapen tooth, we can use a tooth-colored composite resin to alter the shape and appearance of that tooth.
• Gum recontouring — Do you have a “gummy” smile? This may be because of an uneven gum line. We use a laser to accurately reshape your gums with little to no pain
We’ve seen several patients in our offices who were embarrassed by their teeth. After a cosmetic procedure, we’ve seen a change in their smiles and their outlook on life.
Help yourself feel better
If you are ready to make a change for a better smile, make plans today to visit us at any Beaumont Family Dentistry office in Lexington. Our patients come from all through Central Kentucky, from Georgetown to Richmond and everywhere in between.
Set up a free consultation today by calling us at 859-554-1772 or use our online form to schedule an appointment.