In the world of cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening is one of the most popular services.
In fact, it may be the single most requested cosmetic service. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, teeth whitening is one of the most economical ways to improve your smile.
The dentists at Beaumont Family Dentistry have decades of dental experience between them.
We have seen countless patients who have become embarrassed by yellow and discolored teeth.
And we have seen countless patients smile with pride after completing professional teeth whitening at our dentist offices in Lexington.
Start With A Free Consultation
The first step we recommend for anyone considering teeth whitening or any cosmetic dentistry is to talk to us.
We offer free consultations to all patients, whether they are new to our office or have been visiting us for regular cleanings for years.
During your consultation, we will have you fill out a smile questionnaire, and we will discuss what exactly you would like to change about your teeth. We will take digital photos of your teeth, and we can show you how your teeth could be improved.
We prefer whiter teeth because they look nicer.
They look healthier, and, if we are being honest, they help us look younger, too.
No one expects a 60-year-old to have brilliantly white teeth. That’s 60 years of eating and drinking. That’s 60 years of biting and chewing.
That’s a lot of opportunities for wear and tear and a lot of opportunities for staining on your teeth.
When a 20-year-old has severely stained teeth, there’s a good chance it’s the result of poor oral hygiene, tobacco use, or stain-causing foods and drinks.
What Causes Stains?
Of course, some things that we eat and drink cause stains more quickly than others. More specifically, the things we put in our mouths will affect our teeth, some just affect them faster.
Here are some of the most common causes of stains on our teeth:
- Smoking — Cigarettes contain nicotine and tar. Both of these substances can cause your teeth to turn yellow.
- Coffee — Coffee shops are popular all over the United States. Coffee can help you wake up, but it also contributes to the color of your teeth.
- Red wine — While there may be some heart health benefits to drinking red wine, it’s equally bad for the color of your teeth.
- Soft drinks and sports drinks — How many gallons of soft drinks and sports drinks do you and your family consume every year? Think about how different your teeth might look if you had a glass of water instead.
- Soy sauce — We enjoy Chinese food, too, but we know that dark soy sauce does more than affect the flavor of our meal. In truth, this can be said of many sauces that we add to our food.
- Tea — As popular as sweet tea is in our part of the country, it’s no wonder this is a big contributor to stained teeth.
We can’t list everything that could cause stains on your teeth, but we think you understand our point. Some things are more likely to cause stains than others.
One thing that may help reduce staining is swishing water to rinse your teeth when you consume one of the foods or drinks listed above. Of course, quitting tobacco would have tremendous benefits as well.
Types Of Teeth Whitening
At Beaumont Family Dentistry, we offer professional teeth whitening, which is more powerful and more effective than any over-the-counter commercial product you may see at the store.
We offer KöR whitening.
KöR is one of the premium teeth whitening products available today. One of the reasons is that the company keeps its product refrigerated from the time it’s manufactured until it is delivered to our office. This helps to preserve the product’s potency.
KöR has been proven to work on dark stains. It’s safe, and it provides visible results that leave your smile looking more beautiful but also natural.
With KöR, you can have a whiter smile in a short amount of time.
Find The Right Option
Again, we offer free consultations for all cosmetic dentistry. There’s no cost to talk to us about which teeth whitening option (in-office or take-home) and product would be best for you.
We know how much whiter teeth can change our patients’ smiles and self-confidence. That’s why we offer whitening at all three Beaumont Family Dentistry offices in Lexington.
Get started by calling the office closest to you or clicking through to the name of that office to fill out an online form to schedule an appointment.