I’m Having a Hard Time Chewing
I’m Having a Hard Time Chewing | Lexington, KY
Are you having difficulty chewing due to pain or a missing tooth? We can help. At Beaumont Family Dentistry, we do whatever we can to help eliminate your pain. Below is some information on what to do in case of an emergency, some treatment options, and more.
What To Do in a Dental Emergency
If you are experiencing a dental emergency (such as an injury or considerable pain), follow the steps below.
- If your tooth has been knocked out, do not touch the root. If the roots are still attached to your gum, secure the tooth as best as possible.
- Call our office immediately. You can find each of our contact numbers here. If you are calling after hours, please call the number on our voicemail to reach one of our doctors.
- Follow any instructions given to you by our office staff or a doctor. We will help get you in for an appointment as soon as possible. We can typically do this same day, or the next day if it is after hours.
- Go to the emergency room if you are experiencing excessive bleeding or any other life-threatening situation.
Our Restorative Options
We can offer solutions to your functional problems. Below are some of the ways we can help to restore your smile to its original functionality and relieve your pain.
- CEREC Same-Day Crowns – If you need to have a tooth repaired with a crown, we can complete your restoration in just one office visit with our CEREC technology. Our CEREC crowns are beautiful, strong restorations that will help you get back to your normal life.
- Dental Implant Services – We can place or restore dental implants in order to replace missing teeth. If you need to have a tooth removed, we can even place an implant immediately after extraction!
- Root Canal Therapy – Have a sensitive tooth? Are you simply experiencing pain? You may need a root canal. Today’s technology allows root canal therapy to be quick and simple. We can help eliminate your pain.
Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
You may also be in pain due to TMD. TMD is the dysfunction of your jaw joint, causing pain and tenderness in the area. If you are experiencing difficulty moving your jaw, popping or clicking when you chew, pain in the jaw or face, or prolonged or frequent headaches that you can’t explain, please visit our office for a TMJ evaluation. We can help diagnose the problem and relieve your pain. To learn more about our TMJ solutions, visit our page here.
Make an Appointment
If you are ready to make an appointment, please call our office or use our online form to send us a message. Let us help restore your smile and ease your pain.